Monday, March 14, 2011

Level 8...Finally

So I am finally moving up to level 8 on floor! YAY
I don't think I posted about my last meet and what happened. Okay so at the last meet on floor I did some of the BEST passes I have ever done. My coach came over and told me I had it in the bag. He said there would be no way I wouldn't get first. My other two coaches also told I had first. I was extatic thinking I had gold. I go to awards. 3rd. Ya I know shocking right? I was shocked too. I went over to my coaches and they said they thought there was a mistake. One of my coaches headed over to the judges. He was like "why didn't she get first?" and they where like "What?! she didn't? that's weird because she did the best out of her group." After a while of talking and looking at deductions they decided they must not have judged equally. For one of my deductions they took 3 tenths for each skill but the girl who got first did the same thing only had 2 tenths deducted from each pass. So you are probably wondering if they fixed it and gave me a gold medal. Well the answer to that is no. Because It wasn't an adding mistake they couldn't change it. They said they where sorry and for my coaches to tell me that they think I should have got first to. This same thing happened at my meet before this too so they told my coaches they should move me up and get me out of this group so that this doesn't happen anymore. That's all good with me! So I am happy to say I am NO LONGER competing level 7 and am moving up to level 8 at my first level 8 meet on March 26th so wish me luck!
-Whitney

No comments: