Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quote #158


"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great and no
tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow."

-- O.S. Marden

As most of you know I competed at the J.O. National Championships this summer. But to go to nationals you have to qualify at either State or Regionals. I didn't qualify at state but I did at regionals. After state I wAs heart broken because I knew how hard it is to qualify at regionals. But that small hope that I had made me work harder. It made me want to go even more. When regionals came around I had the number 53.2 written on my wrist hidden under my leotard. The couple of weeks before I would look at that every day with hope I would make it. In the end I qualified bu 2 tenths of a point! I know I couldn't have doneit without hope and the support of my friends, family, team mates, and coaches.

No comments: