Saturday, June 9, 2012

'LB*12'

Watching Visa Championships recently has gotten me STOCKED for this next little bit. The next few months are jam-packed with my favorite thing in the entire world! But in order to get there I still have a little bit of work to do. National Championships is in just 24 days. It is so close and I am so ready. We just got the schedule yesterday and it just hit me how soon it is. I am so excited! Between EFY and Youth Conference (both are several day long church activities) all I have to do is stay healthy, perfect my passes, and stay inspired. Watching all the YouTube videos, Olympic commercials, and Visa Championships has inspired me to push harder to try to make it as far as I can in this crazy journey to Long Beach, California. My passes are better than ever. I have been exercising like crazy and I completely cut out junk food. Long Beach, you had better watch out, because here I come!

After Nationals I get to watch my favorite thing that comes on TV every year, the Olympic Games. I was sad to hear of Shawn Johnson's retirement from gymnastics. She will always be my favorite gymnast and a huge inspiration to me. I frequently watch replays of her Olympic moment on beam in 2008. I will always cheer for her weather she is on the floor competing, or anywhere else she decides to be. We love you Shawn! And we will miss watching you compete. There are some amazing new gymnasts quickly rising to the top. I wish every gymnast out there all the best in these next couple of months, weather you are at the elite level competing at finals at Visa Championships Tomorrow and competing for your spot in London, or you are tumbler getting in preparation for Nationals next month. This is the time when we get to come together as one and compete for our favorite titles. Go big and show it off!

I’d just like to say thanks to my friends and family for supporting me, and my Utah competitors that I have gotten to  know really well over the past month, but mostly I’d like to thank my gym family. I have the best coaches in the world and a team that really works like a family. You are the best team a person could ask for! So let’s go get it! gO fLiPsIdE!!! ‘LB*12’

No comments: