Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nationals 2011-Home Sweet Home

Hey Guys! So Its Saturday and I came home from San Antonio, Texas for the US J.O. National Championships yesterday! I haven't given any update on that so I thought I'd go through my week in Texas in order to give you a taste of my Nationals experience. Lets start with Saturday July 9th
Saturday- Our flight was canceled but we got another one for a little bit later in the day. Everything went fine with that flight and we where on our way to Texas!
Sunday- As most of you know I am a strong believer in the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. Or in other words I'm Mormon. I love the gospel and strive to do whats right. In our church we believe that we should keep the sabbath day holly. In the for the strength of youth pamphlet  it says that we should not participate in athletic events. I have never tumbled on Sundays but I had never really been in a situation like this. Sunday we had our open workout where we got about an hour to tumble to get used to the equipment we would be competing on. This was also our only workout of the week. I decided I wasn't going to tumble and that I would sit out the workout. And I'm proud of my decision. We got up early and went to church then went to the freeman coliseum where I watched my team mates tumble. It was one of my favorite days of the week.

Monday- Competition Day! So I competed on Monday along with many of my team mates. We got where in the gym early and didn't leave until it was very late. Over all I did good for my first year. I placed 10th in my flight and 28th over all. I hit clean passes but I am new to this level and my difficulty still isn't as high as the other girls so this was a good meet for me. We spent all day at the competition watching each other compete. This was a fun but exhausting day.

Tuesday- Tuesday morning I went to the towers of the Americas with my parents then Another day at the coliseum because it was another competition day but not for me. Some of my team mates competed on Tuesday so we spent another long day at the gym. At night there was level 9 and 10 finals that we had a couple of my team mates compete in. That was fun and It was fun to cheer for my team.

Wednesday- Wednesday we had the march in and regional all start competition at night. We went to the mall and to the river walk, We also went to the Alamo then to the coliseum. We had 3 people from our gym competing for our little region 1. It was fun to cheer for our team even though we came in last place. BUT our team did the best we have ever done and we took 2nd in women's tumbling.

Thursday- 6 Flags Day!!! Thursday we spent the day at 6 flags and had a blast! My favorite ride was Super Man. Thursday was our last night in Texas. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe where my coach, Lance, gave me a hard rock tour and told me stories about things we found in the restaurant. It was a fun day.

Friday- Home Sweet Home! Friday morning we flew home where we get to jump back into our normal lives with a new enthusiasm for tumbling. I can't wait to get into the gym on Monday!

So that's my Nationals experience! It was super fun! thanks for all of the people who helped me with fundraisers and who gave me donations It really helped and I'm proud to say I payed for almost all of it by myself! It was a blast and I can't wait until next year when Nationals is in Long Beach, California!!!

2 comments:

Katiebug said...

Good Job Whitness!!!! Sounds like you had a great time!!! Glad to have you back though! Next year sounds fun! You'll have to drag me along so and can watch you tumble!!Plus Disneyland is right there...

WhitneySue said...

:) you can come if you want to pay for it haha thatwould be fun I can't wait until next year!