Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Compete against yourself

"I never compete against the competition. The only one I compete against is myself, because one day I will beat the competition and then who will I compete against?"
-Billie Akauola

This is a cool quote that talks about how we should not think about what every body else is doing. This reminded me of a meet I had last year where I had beaten my all time score on the tramp. As you may have read in previous post I am not the best trampolinist. My strengths are floor, and Double-mini. At this meet I beat my all time score and improved my performance by a lot but I was ranked lower than I usually did on tramp. I had to remind my self that I was competing against my self. I beat my self therefor it was a good meet. The competition happened to better that day. But so was I.

No comments: